Terms & Conditions
Terms and conditions:
- All packages are loaded on the next available vessel unless unless ShopnShip receives a hold request from the customer.
- Shipments left at your office for more than 1 month will accrue storage charges. If goods are not collected within 60 days of notification of arrival, items become the property of ShopnShip.
- I agree to receive e-mails in which I will be notified of promotions, outstanding balances, suspension notices, cancelation notices, and events organized by ShopnShip.
- I understand and agree that I am responsible for all transactions and debt incurred by persons authorized to use my account.
- I understand that certain items such as hazardous materials, items prohibited for entry by the Government of Jamaica, cash, bearer instruments, stamps, high value jewelry and similar shipments are not authorized for shipment and may be detained by you. In the event any such item is shipped I further understand that such items are not insurable and that you accept no responsibility for their safe arrival. Hazardous material can only be shipped via Ocean.
- I understand and accept that rates and fees are subject to change without notice. ShopnShip reserves the right to cancel this contract immediately if the customer uses the transport services violating any ethical, moral or established legal principles. The Company reserves the right to offer its services to clients who conform to established guidelines and standards. ShopnShip also reserves the right to close accounts or deny access to authorized users who offend or cause harm to employees and/or representatives of our company. Furthermore, ShopnShip reserves the right to modify its standards of service when affected by major events beyond its control.
- I understand and accept that any package that arrives at any of the overseas warehouses and is placed on hold, that ShopnShip, nor its affiliates is responsible for this package. ShopnShip and its affiliates reserve the right to dispose of said package after 60 days on hold in the Miami warehouse. Packages are put on hold due to account closure, containing of hazardous materials, for other insurance reasons identified below, for incorrect address including incomplete Account number or Customer number or Country Code not correctly included on the address of the package to easily identify the consignee.
- I understand and agree that the company reserves the right to refuse delivery for any reason including but not limited to ensuring the security of personnel and equipment
- Harbour View
- Stony Hill Square
- Plantation Heights
- Caymanas / Portmore (stoplight)
View Delivery Map
- I accept the following terms and conditions:
- All package shipments will be covered by and charged for insurance unless I (the customer) choose to opt out of the insurance program. Customers that do not join the insurance program will not be charged insurance fees and explicitly release the Company or its representatives of all responsibility or liability due to loss or damage of any package.
- The insurance fees are automatically calculated and charged based on the declared value of the shipment.
- IATA regulations apply when insuring No Value Declared (NVD) shipments and a maximum of US $100.00 will be charged for and covered by insurance.
- Insurance for all shipments (whether single or multiple piece) with a declared value of over US $2,500.00, must receive special approval before being shipped in order to obtain coverage.
- The following items are not insurable:
- Items listed on IATA's dangerous goods list.
- Plasma, LCD, or any other type of Television Set
- Perishable items.
- Cash money (bills or coins.) and monetary instruments of all kinds.
- Manuscripts / Documents
- Gems and precious metals, Jewelry, Watches
- Electronic files on diskette or CD
- Stamps (postal or private)
- Transportation tickets or vouchers (bus, train, airplane, etc...)
- Passports and any other identification document of any kind
- The Company reserves the right to cancel the Insurance Service for any account without prior notice.
- Claims must be filed within 30 days from date of shipment from the ShopnShip receiving facility.
- If a shipment arrives in a damaged condition do not destroy or discard the item and all packaging material it arrived in. You must return these to us in order to process your claim.
When filing a claim you will need to include:
- A properly completed Insurance Claim form. (Forms may be obtained from Customer Service)
- A copy of original commercial invoice, or adequate proof of value.
- If the shipment is damaged but repairable, a letter or proforma invoice from a repair shop indicating the costs of repair.
- Claims (especially high value items) may take up to 60 days to be processed.
- The amount reimbursed will be the lowest of the following:
- Declared value of the damaged or lost items. Shipments with no invoice will be valued at no more than US$100.
- The cost of replacing damaged or lost items.
- Repair cost for the damaged items if they are repairable.
- Real value of items. For example, the value of used items will be calculated based on their estimated depreciation.
- Insurance only covers the declared value of an item and does not cover shipping costs, handling fees, customs duties, or any other cost associated with the transportation or receipt of the item.
Online/Credit Card Payments
All payments of JAMAICA FREIGHT & SHIPPING LTD. invoices using the online credit card facilities are subject to the following conditions.
- JAMAICA FREIGHT & SHIPPING LTD. accepts the following cards:
- When you complete the online payment form, funds will be deducted from your credit card in US dollars.
- Due to the way transactions are processed by our payment processor, there may be delays of 1-5 business days in updating your payment in JAMAICA FREIGHT & SHIPPING LTD.'s records.
- Payments are credited to JAMAICA FREIGHT & SHIPPING LTD. Ltd.
- Credit card payments are secure:
- Payments will be processed directly by First Atlantic Commerce using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
- Credit card numbers are protected with a high level of encryption when transmitted over the Internet.
- JAMAICA FREIGHT & SHIPPING LTD. does not have access to your credit card details.
- If successful, your credit card provider will confirm that the payment was completed.
- If unsuccessful, your credit card provider will advise you of same. JAMAICA FREIGHT & SHIPPING LTD.; however, will not be informed why a payment has failed, therefore, you should contact your credit card provider for details.
- If your payment fails, please use one of the other payment methods described on your invoice, to pay your invoice. Please arrange an alternative payment method promptly to ensure continuous use of JAMAICA FREIGHT & SHIPPING LTD. services and Internet resources.
- In either scenario (i.e. success or failure) the result of your transaction will be relayed to you on-screen though, as mentioned previously, in the case of a failed transaction you will have to contact your credit card provider for details.
Please note: Credit Card payments cannot be cancelled or modified once submitted. A convenience fee may be charged by the BANK for credit card payment requests. The specific amount of such convenience fee will be displayed on the screen at the time of payment. Some portion thereof may be paid to other parties to offset their operating costs. You may cancel the credit card payment transaction if you do not wish to pay the convenience fee. Payments are processed Monday through Friday excluding holidays. Authorized charges to your credit card account will be processed for the amount indicated above including convenience fees
Additional Terms & Conditions
- ShopnShip will assign a SnS#, and this must be used at all time as a part of your address. Failure to do so may result in lost mail / packages or surcharges.
- I have read and understand, and agree with all parts of the attached information / rate sheet.
- The primary person listed on non-corporate accounts will be the one held responsible for all debts generated by this account.